Sunday, May 19, 2013

Updated Master Bedroom

So the last few weekends have been spent overhauling our existing bedroom furniture to give it a new look.


Here it is after adding the headboard. I just used pine board stained a dark espresso and tacked to the wall.





The old furniture was a honey colored pine and the walls were a mustard type of yellow. Since I am going for the weathered farmhouse style (not too weathered to keep my hubby sane) I decided to stain the top and paint the rest white with just a small amount of distressing.






 Excuse the treadmill. I dont have any other place to keep it for now.



Some crates from Michaels are painted and stacked to create storage. I also found several baskets from Goodwill and spray painted them to match.

The curtain rod is a piece of pvc pipe spray painted a dark brown and then I hot glued some old finials on each side.


I found the cute little enamelware bowl from the antique mall and added a few flowers from the dollar store. I think the enamelware bowl is actuall an old spitoon... eewwwhhh... I also found the lamp shade and the cool white basket from Goodwill. I have a large collection of pinecones so I just added some of those to the basket.

This lantern was made from old picture frames, a couple of pieces of mdf board painted painted to match and some hot glue. Since I am going for the aged look, the imperfections fit right in.


I found this old tin bucket at the antique mall so I just glued a bit of burlap and added a muslin bow and called it a day...

This is another metal container found at good will with a piece of burlap attached. I may paint "MILK" on it or something like that. The "milk" bottles are just frappucinno bottles from Starbucks. I removed the labels and coated the inside of the bottle with white craft paint and painted the tops to look like metal. I also found the white urn at a thrift store and just added some greenery and moss.


More baskets found at a thrift store painted brown, and a dear friend found this white pitcher for me at the antique mall. I found the enamelware bowl and set the pitcher in it.

I found these cute little milk cans at another thriftstore (gotta love those thriftstores) and turned them into candle holders. The picture below shows the before. 


Here is the before.... they were cookie tins.


This is a before picture of the bedroom furniture 

And another picture of the old bedroom.... I like it so much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment