Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rustic Hutch Makeover

I have been on the search to find another hutch that would fit in a little space that needed that special something. I finally found it at an antique mall. Unfortunately, it needed a little bit of work, but overall it wasnt too bad.

Here is the final product:

When I first got it, it was a grey shabby chic finish with punched metal tin inserts in the doors. I knew I needed to change the color and replace the tin with chicken wire.

The top of the door was removeable, which worked out perfect for this project. I removed the top, removed the tin and then used the existing tin as a template and cut the wire to fit.

Here is a before picture of one of the shelf sections (the entire hutch came in 3 sections which made it so much easier to work on)

The next step was to begin painting. I pulled out my craft paints and got to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment