Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vintage Scale - Decor

I love the look of vintage scales and I love the look of moss covered balls, so I decided to combine the two for a pretty vintage look in the kitchen.






I wanted to make moss covered balls but rather than running out to buy styrofoam balls, I scoured the house for something round that I could use. I decided to use some old Christmas ornaments that had been semi-eaten by the dog. I rummaged through the craft supplies and pulled out my moss and my handy dandy hot glue gun and got to work.




Dont forget gloves & some water - that hot glue can really do some damage, ask me how I know.....




This is how the bowl looked when I first got it....It was a bit too white and new looking in contract to the vintage scale (which is from 1907).



Here is the bowl after I "aged" it...




Here is a little herb garden that has been added. It replaces the middle set of cannisters in the picture below.




No comments:

Post a Comment